Getting this to work with libraries that have checkout enforcement

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi mate - amazing bit of code - thank you.  Solves a lot of problems for us!!

We ran into some problems running this for a library with check-out enforced (i.e. "require documents to be checked out before they can be edited"). 

For some reason, the document either disappears (and restoration is not possible from library because it already exists?), or increments to version 0.1 and stays there?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.  The alternative would be for us to recreate this from scratch to deal with the checkout issue.  

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hmmm... it's been a while since i've looked at this code.  I dont know how quickly I can get to this issue, but i will try to see if can within the next week or so.

I'm guessing that I failed to execute a file.CheckIn() when the files/items are being re-added to the library.

But i'll try and see if i can spare some time for a quick look.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Appreciate that mate.

If you felt happy enough to give us the uncompiled source, we could have a go - and hand back the solution to you once we completed...

AB

On 1 September 2012 08:15, c_manboy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hmmm... it's been a while since i've looked at this code. I dont know how quickly I can get to this issue, but i will try to see if can within the next week or so.

I'm guessing that I failed to execute a file.CheckIn() when the files/items are being re-added to the library.

But i'll try and see if i can spare some time for a quick look.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sp2010resetversion@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sp2010resetversion@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--

Anton Babkov
sharepointcentral.com.au | 0420 761 213 | 07 3102 3398

SPC asks (very nicely) that you think about the environment and don’t print this email The email and any attachment are confidential between us and the person the email is addressed to. If it we’ve sent it to you in error, it would be great if you would please delete it and let us know. Any opinion expressed in this email is not the opinion of SPC unless that is stated or obvious from its terms.

© Real Evolution Pty Limited t/a SharePoint Central (ABN 93 116 174 406), Suite 11, 76 Doggett Street, Brisbane 4006

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I uploaded a new version that i hope fixes this issue.

As far as reviewing the source is concerned, i welcome feedback not only on fixes but also on the readability and structure of the code itself.  Everyone should be able to download the source by clicking on the source code navigation link.